in the last week-Edit
I recently made an order on dougrussell.com. I found a steering wheel for my boat on the site, thought it was cool looking and it was a great price so I ordered it. When I got the delivery I thought it was a mistake because it was not a wheel. I went back to the site and the page that I was on had a picture of the wheel and the clear description of it. I contact Doug Russell via e-mail and said I had gotten the wrong thing. The rep replied and stated that the listing was incorrect that was for the hub (which I received, not the wheel). He said that he was sorry and I could send it back. I said that I thought they should honor the price, it was their mistake. The rep said he would gladly do so but they "don't carry that wheel"
I was disappointed but moved on, the next day I'm looking elsewhere for the wheel and what do I find, the wheel advertised for $200 more than I had ordered it for. Of course, I contacted the company they now the rep stated the product is a special order, not they don't carry it. And although he said he would honor the price if he could get the wheel, the rep now says he will give me a $50 discount on the wheel if bought from them. This is the same exact wheel he said he could not get 24 hours earlier. I asked for his boss' contact info and his boss e-mailed me today. Basically he says the same thing as the rep., does not assume responsibility for their error and clearly supports the employee that has lied to at least one of his customers. He said the only thing he will do is refund my money when I send the hub that they sent back. He also stated that he would give me $50 against the wheel if I wanted to "special order" it.
I do believe that the listing was a mistake but I also know that the rep lied about the availability of that steering wheel; I guess because they didn't want to lose the $200. I say that they are a shady business that clearly will put a couple hundred before any thought of customer satisfaction and integrity in doing what you say you are going to do. I will not shop there again and I would say buyer beware to anyone that expects to pay the price as advertised for boat supplies.
More Review Details
What I liked
- Fast shipping
What I disliked
- Lies and bait and switch
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Steering Wheel
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Return policy has a restocking fee. I'm out of $17.25 It's the priciple that I'm upset about. Don't sell a product calling it a chip for $75, when in reality..."
- "I wish I had discovered this website before I had a horrifying car buying experience with CarMax. I didn't know this was the way car buying was supposed to be...."
- "I bought 4 new Falken tires from Discount Tire company on Sept. 10 a month ago , a month and half later , with two thousand miles on the..."
- "I ordered a bacon cheese burger with 3 pieces of cheese. I got this. They took it away and added more cheese and melted in the microwave. It..."
- "I order from Rosewe.com thats advertise their catalog of clothing on facebook on March 1, 2016 and they took the money out of my account March 2, 2016. They claim..."
- "I bought my daughter this salad for lunch and when she went to put the dressing on her salad she found this great big lady bug sitting in it she..."
- "I waited a month for my package to never come then when i said i was opening a dispute for my refund he himself changed original arrive by date from..."
- "I had been purchasing a Redmi Note 3 from ezbuy Malaysia (65daigou); placing the order on 3rd Aug 2016 and receive the phone on 13rd Aug 2016. Upon the reception..."
- "I renewed plan from Verizon in July keeping the plan the same including what i was being charged. Offered "free upgrade" to 100/100 internet. Told the bill would be the..."